1. Terms of website use
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
2. Accessing this site
Access to this site is permitted on a temporary basis, and the administrator and owners reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on this site without notice. Neither the administrator nor the owners will be liable if for any reason this site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this site, including your own virus protection software. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Neither the website nor any part of the content is intended to be relied on outside the United Kingdom.
3. Intellectual property rights
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, and all other intellectual property and products in this site are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. No use of any of these may be made without the prior, written authorisation of the owner of this site, except to identify the products or services of the company.
Users are only permitted to access and print the information as an aid to prescribing and for distribution where appropriate to patients or their representatives.
4. Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on this site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. The administrator and the owners therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to this site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. In particular, this site and the content posted on it are not intended to override the responsibility of healthcare professionals in their delivery of care to patients or, where the site is accessed by general members of the public, to replace a consultation with an appropriately qualified medical professional.
5. Site changes regularly
This site may be updated regularly, and the content may change at any time. If the need arises, the administrator or the owners may suspend access to the site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on this site may be out of date at any given time, and neither the administrator nor the owners are under any obligation to update such material.
The owners of this site will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in this site, but neither the administrator nor the owners make any representations, warranties, or assurance, whether express or implied, as to: the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the information provided; or the applicability of the content to an individual’s circumstances. To the extent permitted by law, the administrator, the owners and connected third parties hereby expressly exclude:
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with this site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
– loss of income or revenue;
– loss of business;
– loss of profits or contracts;
– loss of anticipated savings;
– loss of data;
– loss of goodwill;
– wasted management or office time;
and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
7. Personal information about you and your visits to this site
8. Prohibited uses
You may use this site only for lawful purposes. You may not use this site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (outlined above).
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
– any part of this site;
– any equipment or network on which this site is stored;
– any software used in the provision of this site; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
9. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the server on which this site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
Any such breach will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and the administrator and owners will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this site will cease immediately.
Neither the administrator nor the owners will be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
10. Links to this site
You may link to the home page of this site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the administrator’s or the owners’ reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
This site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this site other than the home page. The administrator and the owners reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
11. Links from this site
Where this site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Neither the administrator nor the owners have control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this site although the administrator and the owners retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
14. Further information
The site is operated by:
Essential Holdings Limited. We are registered in Guernsey under company number 67078 and have our registered office at First Floor Albert House, South Esplanade, St Peter Port. Guernsey GY1 1AJ. Our VAT number is 342725703.
If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This legal notice was last updated on 28 August 2020.